GUShare - Box Migration - We will conduct a bulk migration of files for all remaining GUShare users. This migration will automatically move your files/folders from GUShare to Box, streamlining the migration for you. Please note that after the 13th of December, you will not have access to GUShare.
New Preview Experience - We have rolled out the new preview experience to all users. As a reminder, when users get the new preview, the file ‘liking’ feature will be removed. Currently, printing from the file preview page is not available, but we will be adding that support in the coming weeks.
Box Sync 4.0 - This upgrade is now available to all users as the default download version on the website. We plan to start auto-updating existing Sync 3 users to Sync 4 in January.
Before you can start, you will first need to claim your Box account.
1. Click here to activate your account or navigate on your own to https://box.georgetown.edu/activate/
2. Once on the claim page, enter your NetID and password.
3. Click "Log in" to claim your account.
Once your account is created, you will receive an email with further activation instructions.
1. Direct your Google Chrome browser to box.georgetown.edu
2. Select the "Click Here to Login" logo
3.You will be directed to the login page. Simply enter your NetID and password.
4. Click "Sign In". You will be directed to your Georgetown Box Home screen (“All Files & Folders”)
• If you are already logged into NetID enabled Georgetown system, you will not need to log in again to access your Georgetown Box.
• Be sure to NOT accidentally bookmark the "Sign In" page - bookmark https://box.georgetown.edu instead.
To fully logout of the system:
- Click My Account in the top menu bar and select Log Out. You will be directed to the “Welcome to Georgetown Box!” page.
- Dont't exit your browser just yet: To fully log out, select the link that states "Click here to fully log out from Box".
Note: If you do not exit your browser, you may still be logged in. On a shared computer, this may give others access to your files.
1. From within your Box account, click the "Upload" button at the upper right of the file display area
2. Choose "Upload Files" from the drop-down menu
3. A pop-up window will appear, showing you the files available to be uploaded from your computer
4. Locate the file(s) you wish to upload, select it and click "Open" at the bottom right of the pop-up window
5. The selected file(s) will now appear in your Upload Files window
6. Choose the location you would like these files uploaded to (default will be the top-level "All Files" location) and click "Upload" to complete the process
When inviting a user as a collaborator within a folder, you will have the ability to set the level of access that user has to that folder's content. Refer to the listing below to review the different permissions that accompany each access level:
Editor: An Editor has full read/write access to a folder. Once invited to a folder, they will be able to view, download, upload, edit, delete, copy, move, rename, generate and edit shared links, make comments, assign tasks, create tags, and invite/remove collaborators. They will not be able to delete or move root level folders..
Viewer: A Viewer has full read access to a folder. Once invited to a folder, they will be able to preview, download, make comments, and generate shared links. They will not be able to add tags, invite new collaborators, edit shared links, upload, edit or delete items in the folder.
Previewer: A Previewer has limited read access. They will only be able to preview the items in the folder using the integrated content viewer. They will not be able to share, upload, edit, or delete any content.
Uploader: An Uploader has limited write access. They will only be able to upload and see the names of the items in a folder. They will not able to download or view any content.
Previewer-Uploader: This access level is a combination of Previewer and Uploader. A user with this access level will be able to preview files using the integrated content viewer as well as upload items into the folder. They will not be able to download, edit, or share, items in the folder.
Viewer-Uploader: This access level is a combination of Viewer and Uploader. A Viewer-Uploader has full read access to a folder and limited write access. They are able to preview, download, add comments, generate shared links, and upload content to the folder. They will not be able to add tags, invite new collaborators, edit, or delete items in the folder.
Co-Owner: A Co-Owner has all of the functional read/write access that an Editor does. This permission level has the added ability of being able to manage users in the folder. A Co-Owner can add new collaborators, change access levels of existing collaborators, and remove collaborators. However, they will not be able to manipulate the Owner of the folder or transfer ownership to another user.
With Box, you can make bulky attachments and email bounces a thing of the past.
To send a link that a users can click on to access a file from your Box account, first right-click on the file’s icon (or click on the little box with the downward arrow) to display the dropdown menu. Next, hover over '”Share” and choose “Send Link to File”.
A pop-up window will appear, prompting you to enter the email address(es) of the individual(s) you want to send the file to. You can add multiple email addresses by hitting Enter after each email address, or by separating them with a comma. Enter the addresses, include a personal message if you'd like, and click “Send”. Your recipients will soon receive an email from Box inviting them to view your shared file.
All Box accounts come with 'Version History' which allows you to maintain a recent history of a file. If previously uploaded within the same directory, the file will overwrite itself and become the current version on the account. With Version History, a history of previous file versions will remain intact and you will be able to recall previous versions of the uploaded file.
To locate the version history window, click on the little box with the downward arrow and select 'Version History' from the 'File Properties' sub menu.
On this pop-up window you can revert back to an older version of the document by choosing "Make Current," download an older version by choosing "Download," or delete a previous version by choosing the red "X"